Saturday, December 12, 2015

Malaysian Unity Run

Event No:    43
Event Title:  Malaysian Unity Run
Event Type: Run - Road
Category:    10 Kms - Men - Open
Event Date: 12 Dec 2015
Location:     Taman Wetland, Putrajaya


When I first came to know - Ultron is the official apparel sponsor for this event, I just waited for Ultron to open up the sponsored slots (haha). 

When I saw them calling for Team Ultron, I took my time for responding, I was in two minds whether to go for it or just leave - as on the same day evening I have an Ultra Marathon "MKH Kajang 12 Hours International Walk". However, I decided to take part and sent in my entry a day later and was selected to represent them for the event "Malaysian Unity Run".

I take this opportunity to thank Ultron for giving me a splendid opportunity to represent them yet again in an event. Earlier to this, I had the privilege to represent Ultron in their previous events.

Below is the squad for Team Ultron representing in the event.



After the photo session, we gathered for a quick warm up session, it was me again to take up the session, with few moves, forward and side lunges, bending, twisting I quickly completed the warm up session. As soon as the session is done, we were called to gather at the starting line.

The team scattered while gathering at the starting line. As communicated, the flag off took place at 8:00 AM sharp. The first 1 Km was a normal road then started an unexpected path - more like a trail with lots of stones, pebble, and gravel all thru the course. After crossing the 2.5 Kms mark there was no proper signage between the intersections and we lost the route (not once but we did ran the wrong route twice, which costed us an extra 3 Kms). We enjoyed the route miss with a nice selfie.



Finally, we managed to find the right path and continued our run and then we came across the 3 Kms mark (by the time our GPS was already showing 5.8 Kms). Thinking that we might see a water station at 4 Kms mark just continued with a slow pace; unfortunately we saw the water station only after 5 Kms mark; sad to see - they were only serving water and no isotonic and no medics available at the station.

The route still continued with stones, pebbles and gravel - went in a wrong shoe, as the organizer never mentioned about this in their website / facebook page. Continued with the run after quenching the thirst, to my astonishing there were no more water stations till the finish line - very badly organized. Cannot expect to stay hydrated for 5 Kms with the kind of weather in Putrajaya.

Finally, made my way to the finish line and immediately grabbed one 100 Plus and a Milo to recover from my thirst. Stayed there for an hour to relax myself and to meet and greet my fellow runners.






Overall with few technical glitches the race was organized quite well. Enjoyed running in my Ultron Champion Tee and meeting the Ultron crew and other Ultron Ambassadors.

Thanks again to Ultron for giving me an opportunity to represent them again.

No comments: